Sunday, March 30, 2014

Vert V8 @ Kent Ridge Park

Kent Ridge Park is located of South Buona Vista Rd near Pasir Panjang end and is part of the Southern Ridges Park network, so you can go all the way to Mt Faber at Telok Blangah.

I decided to test my Vert V8 on some hilly terrain.  I must say having only 7 speed severely hamper the ability to ascend steep incline.  Vert V8 is only good for gradual incline and maybe steep incline for short distance only even at gear 1 and that also depend on your own endurance.


So I mainly pushed my bike up and carried it up along the steps up the hill.  At 11kg or so, Vert V8 is light enough to be carried for short distance.


Once at the top of the ridge, the trails are fairly easy to cycle as the terrain kind of undulating with only gradual slopes.


The gears shifting is really smooth and I really got used to the thumb shifting gear click
My old bike was using the handle twister type.


I use all gears except no 7, because at that gear, there is a slight clickety click sound when I cycle, somehow it just doesnt feel smooth, I am sure some adjustment will solve it.  But I am happy with gear 6 at flat terrain, besides I am just a recreational rider so I dont ride at high speed. In a way this bike is more like a 6 speed to me.


riding along the ridge


view of the distant port and the giant crane at Pasir Panjang


the view on the opposite side of the ridge, in the distance is the condo Queens, futher back is the CBD


resting by the pond off Normanton Park condo


I cycled down or rather braking all the way down KRP to South Buona Vista Rd, at some stage I really thought I could smell the burning disc brake. I dont dare to go downhill at full speed so I was alternating the left and right disc brake so they dont get too heated.  Yeah, the disc brake is realiable there are no issues, no big screeching sound, I am happy with it, I managed to reach downhill safely.

I can say Vert V8 is really good buy at $398, the built is really good, you wont feel like it is cheaply made.
Folding is really fast and now that I get use to it. But if you are very particular, do protect the frame part that when folded will hit the crank.

do you see the chip off paint?

After this cycle trip @ KRP, I am glad that Singapore terrain is mostly flat.  And Vert V8 will do well in flat terrain, it is a bike mainly for recreational ride, it will not dissappoint you.






No comments:

Post a Comment