Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Vert V8 7speed folding bike

I finally bought my folding bike 1 week ago.  Was considering brand like Dahon and Tern as well, their entry level bike cost about $550.  In the end I bought Vert V8 which is a local bike brand costing $400, the reason being I do not know how long I will be actively cycling, hence do not want to spend so much.

I also like the design, curve frame same as Dahon and also Hachiko.  The frame is aluminium, gears system are shimano and aslo come with disc brake.











The bike built quality is quite good. The gears shift smoothly, and no funny noise/sound when changing gear or moving at speed, no screeching brakes, I would say the bike is well tuned.
So far I have cycled at west coast park, the ride is very smooth and I really enjoy it.  Using app on my hp, the average speed was around 15km/h, max was 24km/h with route length of 11km.

This bike is good for leisure ride on pcn, I dont feel it can go very fast, due to the small wheel.  The saddle/seat is kind of hard, so after a while my bum ache, so going to upgrade it if I want to go for longer ride.

The bike fold easily and I just stow at the boot of my car permanently so whenever I feel like a ride, just need to take out from car. The bike ride is smooth, built quality is good , folds easily, guess should be okay for pcn leisure rides. Well for $400 you cant ask for more.
















No comments:

Post a Comment